I am trying to build:
"Match.com meets Teladoc for Functional Medicine"
Functional Medicine is a field of medicine that keeps digging for the "why" of disease/dysfunction using function-based testing modalities and food/nutrition/nutricuticals to address the dysfunctions. There are hundreds to thousands of trained Functional Medicine providers around the country, most of them are not Physicians.
Problem from Patient perspective:
Chronic diseases require a holistic approach, but finding a practitioner can be very difficult and they tend to cluster in "pockets" around the country.
Problem from Provider perspective:
Finding local patients can be difficult and in certain areas there is much competition. Also, most providers are not physicians and cannot order test or prescribe certain supplements/medications.
- Match prospective patients with providers
- Give the non-physician providers the medical oversight to overcome many of the barriers (access to labs and prescribing)
- Provide a Telemedicine platform
- nutrimedy.com (similar idea, but dieticians only)
- goharvey.com (similar idea, but they only use MDs/NDs and limited geographic areas)