Personalized health interventions, including nutrigenomics (encompassing nutrigenomics, nutrigenetics, and nutritional epigenetics) are the wave of the future. With optimized use, they are believed to hold great potential for increasing efficacy and efficiency of care, thus curtailing suffering and saving money.
The current popularity and attempted use of nutrigenomics has largely outpaced knowledge of many practitioners and progress in research. As a result, interested consumers are either not getting guidance with regard to use of nutrigenomics test results, or are turning to non-professional sources of coaching. In addition to the inherent risks involved in the latter, a large amount of valuable information is going unexplored, and tremendous potential is being stalled.
SynerOme is a HIPAA-compliant telehealth suite that will enable continuously improving nutrigenomics care from healthcare practitioners to consumers, utilizing the following:
· Consolidation of health parameters, including external genetic testing and health parameters (laboratory, anthropometric, treatment, etc.)
· Assistance with assessment and care-planning through artificial intelligence/machine learning-based algorithms
· A hub for related tools, including meal and fitness planning and activity and progress tracking
· A cloud database for patient characteristics, treatment components, and case outcomes, with meta-analyses of these “n-of-one” case studies; results will be compared with findings in the research arena
· Evidence-based sharing between and coaching of practitioners, yielding continuous quality improvement through reports from the aforementioned database.
The telehealth platform will enable increased access to practitioners for consumers, and to information for practitioners, as well as collection and analysis of valuable data with a focus on continuous quality improvement.
Use may ultimately be opened to other genomics areas, including pharmacological.