I am developing a solution to enable construction companies to successfully predict and deliver their projects. The aim of my solution is to deliver small to medium-sized commercial construction projects on time, on budget and minimise any risks that can occur which will cause contractual issues.
I have the vision and the ideas and would like an enthusiastic and motivated CTO with a data science background to join me to create a prototype. Ideally, you will have worked in construction or the resources sector such as mining/oil and gas. A strong understanding of projects and what can go awry is crucial in developing the solution.
The requirements of the role are:
- Ability to assess the potential of new products according to customer needs
- Work closely with the CEO to assess research projects are relevant to business goals and add value to the company
- Explain company products in a public forum to generate publicity
- Participate in industry groups to ensure our product is beneficial to industry and serves people
- Maintain and apply current knowledge of AI and machine learning landscape and developments
- Identify and consolidate technology platforms and plans
- Track, analyse and monitor metrics
- Take initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Awareness of IP issues
The personality traits I require from a CTO are:
- A natural Entrepreneur
- Ability to nurture relationships internally and with customers as we bring change in to the construction industry
- Excited about advances in big data
- Invested in developing a technological backbone from the ground up
- Technical leadership and guidance is naturally a part of your DNA
- Organised and creative mindset
- Innovative solutions to common project management problems
- Sense of humour
While I can’t offer a salary (yet) I can offer generous equity and will cover expenses. You must be based in Australia and an Australian resident.
If this sounds interesting to you then please get in contact and welcome any questions you may have.