Do you know the movie "Pay It Forward"? "One day, a teacher gives the class an assignment to devise and put into action a plan that will change the world for the better. A boy's plan is a charitable program based on the networking of good deeds. He calls his plan "pay it forward", which means the recipient of a favor does a favor for three others rather than paying the favor back." (Quoted from Wikipedia ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_It_Forward_(film) )) He believes that people's goodwill and compassion will spread and the world will be a better place because of this movement.
An online platform that promotes and inspires acts of kindness in an attempt to make the world a better place. Achieved by allowing users to record and share the actions of this “Pay It Forward” movement.
What can the users do on this web service?
- Post an act of kindness they received from someone and what they have done for 3 others.
- Receive “Good!” from other users.
- See other user’s actions of “Pay It Forward” on a timeline.
- Use an Android app or an iOS app.
- Search other user’s posts by word, country and language.
These are some of the key functions we believe the website should offer but we welcome any suggestions for expanding these features further.
Who do we need?
Everybody is welcome. Don’t worry If you think you have no skills. All you need is a mindset to change the world. This mindset is the most important skill for our team. Everyone is welcome to join our team regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, residence, or any disabilities. We usually hold meetings on Skype, so you can join our meeting from anywhere. We look forward to you joining us.
How you can help:
- Think about possible names for this web service
- Domain name ideas
- Design the logo
- Offer ideas on how to monetise this project
- Promotion ideas
- Think about functions, design and content
- Develop the web service, Android app and iOS app
- Anything else you think would help
Thank you for reading all the way to the end. Let's develop this web service while having fun together. Even less than a 10h/week commitment is okay. (This page is posted on November 21st, 2016. And edited on November 29th, 2016.)