I am (usually!) a visionary who's good at strategy, planning, business development and spotting new business opportunities. I am an INTJ with a solid technical background and a result oriented management style. Unlike what most people think, I do prefer teamwork, but also have absolutely no issues working independently if I have to. It depends on who I am working with. I love working as a team with brilliant people. I seem to have low tolerance for inefficiency though.
I posses many startup skills such as marketing, sales, time management, project management, bilingual skills, communications skills... I just do whatever it takes, a generalist at heart, with a laser focus on technical stuff.
“Everybody in this country should learn to program a computer, because it teaches you how to think”
— Steve Jobs
I also have a great understanding and practical experience in the following: Photoshop, Wordpress, WooCommerce, Umbraco, SEO, PPC, SMM, SEM, SMO, Content marketing, Email marketing, Google Analytics, Google Adwords and more.
I'm more into remote teamwork because I don't think committing to a physical workstation would work for me, at least for the time being.
Although I am open to almost any good idea, my life experience taught me that "focus is about saying NO to MORE things" so I'd rather accept and adopt ideas if they are about:
- Software, SaaS, Mobile apps/games.
- Productized services
- B2B: I co-founded a digital marketing agency, which has done work remotely for several companies across the world including but not limited to: USA, Russia, China, and Italy.
What I've been doing for the past decade or so:
- I've co-founded a few start-ups, some failed (sorry you don't always win) and some were very successful.
- A 3 year old digital advertising agency I co-founded was acquired by Vodafone Egypt in 2009.
- I have been running a digital products marketplace targeting customers in the MENA since 2011. My business deals with many vendors, wholesalers, retailers, affiliates ... UPDATE: I successfully sold the business to a Turkish company in December 2016.
- I've been doing freelance digital marketing and web development.
- I have a degree in computer science, attended several marketing and business courses at the American University in Cairo, Egypt and the American University of Sharjah, UAE.