We started up FishingString with a vision to reinvent the way people are buying and selling products and acquiring services on-line. Our goal is to build a social platform that will connect between buyers and sellers of everyday goods (such as cars, electronics, local services and much more), based on their mutual connections. By relying on pre-existing social networks, the above examples (and many more) can be minimized. By connecting people through common acquaintances, FishingString maximizes buyer-seller reliability and allows people to target their sales to their friends and loved ones. By allowing buyers to look for products in their vicinity, FishingString neutralizes the need for complex and costly product shipments.
desej.us is the most easy and fun to create your list of social gifts and share with family and friends.
Created to ensure that people never have to guess what present to buy for someone on a special occasion and also finished with the hard times to receive a gift that you really do not like.
Founded in the first half of 2011 by Jeferson Silveira, desej.us is based in Brazil.
Businesses listing Threep promotions pay Threep a small fee for each successfully redeemed promotion. In return, they are delivered demographic data about their customers, along with increased traffic at retail locations and greater customer loyalty. Users not only receive a digital reward, but also the social reward of connecting in real life with others who share their interests and passions. It's truly a win-win-win situation for all involved.
Users identify a deal or product they think their friends would be interested in, send a customized message to a selected group of friends (including detailed information on the deal/product) and can then discuss in real-time with their group prior to making a buying decision.
Users can also browse through deals/products and keep a detailed list of everything they have purchased from any merchant on the web. MoreAgora will become not only the default sharing option for social ecommerce, but every user's global repository for their online shopping histories.
We are seeking to create a kind of shopping comparison site that will allow the user to search for an item of clothing using images rather than words. It is envisioned that the user will be able to submit a picture of what they wish to search for via upload to the site (or via smartphone application). The site/app will then perform a search based on the uploaded image and return results to the user which include either direct matches for the item as well as similar or related items which may satisfy the search parameters provided.
Similar and related items can be included in search results based on the uploaded image as well as the user’s avatar and profile information.
We are looking for a full-time founding developer to join us. We are building a social online ticketing marketplace that will allow individuals to set up e-ticketing to events, sell tickets and manage their events all from our online platform.
About Us: We have been developing our business concept for ~2 years and currently have a team of 4. We have been developing our business through our participation in The Richard Ivey School of Business’ New Venture Project. Our ticketing solution was recognized as one of the most innovative and “best” business concepts presented.
About the Role:
- Build an online platform (Back-end and front-end) for selling and accepting payment for tickets.
- Familiar with bar coded tickets and generating automatic e-mails to send out tickets once purchased
- Create an integrated Facebook application
- Create applications for mobile Smartphones (Android/iOS/Blackberry)
- Familiar with creating both back-end analytical tools and creating analytics tools for our end users
- Create an intuitive user interface
- Join a team that is serious about winning and pushing our ideas as far as they can go-- but we also know how to have a great time.
- Opportunity to build and manage your own team as we grow.
- Flexible compensation including salary and equity.
- Very comfortable on backend work, particularly working with databases, analytics, and keeping an eye on application performance.
- Excited and interested in the challenges and flexibility of a consumer oriented web startup.
- A love for elegant, intuitive and efficiently designed user interfaces. Interested and knowledgeable about social media integration and social commerce.
- Passionate about the business idea and willing to get creative to help our company grow.
The team is comprised of serial enterperneuers who have scored a major home-run in eCommerce in Silicon Valley and, using their experience, see the ultimate opportunity in social commerce with a focus on local commerce around services. We're building what will be the largest marketplace in this commerce sector and have developed patent technology (with more forthcoming; thus an opportunity for the CTO and VP Engineering to be involved and named).
This is a co-founder opportunity in a situation where funding will be easy and the challenge will be execution. We need a CTO and/or a VP of Engineering to define the technology and to build the team.