I am involved in the independent music industry for about 8 years now, being a band managener, owner of the one record label, and co-owner of another one. When it comes to music business the most importand this is PR, or promotion. Those days it is done via so called digital music promotion services - this simplifies a lot the work of labels, and spare their time to concentrate more on musical side of things. There are bunch of such platforms avilable from very extensive and expensive (e.g. Haulix.com) to very cheap ones (e.g. Promo-cloud.com).
Working with such platforms for a while I can conclude that a lot of really demanded functionlaity is missing in those platforms, and some of those not introduced features definitely will be a great option to have for independent labels to simplify their daily tasks. Last 6 months I was thinking in detail about that, and decided that to make a start-up will be a best thing to run a new platform. I am seaching for a techincal co-founder experienced in web applications development to join me in a team.
Basically, fans get 25% while musicians get 50% and the remaining 25% comes to us.
We are looking to launch the service in United States and Japan.
We just started and are looking for a technical co-founder who has technical skills and sound experience.
MusicBook solves this problem...
MusicBook engages in private and public social networking, features a built in store, self promotion, links with record labels, competitions, collaboration areas and so much more!
It's free to sign up and musicians keep 100% of their sales.
It's a Musicians Dream - Literally
I am looking for someone to help with marketing activities as well as helping improving business models and of course the product in general. I am currently looking for a early stage investment to use for marketing activities and further development.
TuneClout is a user/engagement play with an easy path to monetization with a projected revenue of 500m by the end of FY5. Our product is focused around a viral loop we call our “Buy-Share” model. It is an ultra sharable version of music that asks the listener to buy or share a song with 5 friends after the 5th play. There is a high-level industry significance that I would be happy to speak to you about.
While artists are utilizing this new utility for growth and monetization, they are also broadcasting TuneClout Media in the process. Since artists are organizations with thousands of followers, we estimate a mere 150 artists will be enough to broadcast us to millions in less than 30 days. We currently have over 100 artists including 5 record labels registered for Beta. Overall there are over 2m artists in N. America, this number grows annually.
Value proposition to the artist – We make their music go viral
Value proposition to the listener- Get free music by sharing with friends
Both propositions have been validated with users.
We have 3 provisional patents. 2 founders, Standford EE with experience in music management for Atlantic and Interscope Records. My history is in my profile by my experience is in B2B/B2C marketing.
Our MVP is 65-75% complete. Written in ROR.
MWZ (pronounced ‘MUSE’) is an online platform designed to revolutionise Social Media (SM), Social Media Marketing and the Music industry. It is an online service designed to:
· capture a large share of inbound marketing spend by SMEs
· capitalise on a music industry facing many barriers to its growth
· lead, shape and influence events in these industry segments and become a major global player
Mission Statement Overview
MWZ will compete across all three industry segments simultaneously and will rival the likes of:
· Facebook, Twitter, Google+ MySpace etc. for a share of SM subscribers
· The four big major record labels (Sony, EMI, Warner and Universal) for a steak of their revenue streams, commercial activities, influence and profit motives
· SM marketing/Paid Search/SEO service providers, directories etc. for a share in SMEs marketing spend, which is increasing exponentially.
Target Market Overview
MWZ targets three users segments:
1. SMEs with ties to the music industry (there are over 35 individual industry segments and there are over 45m companies registered online), SM Marketers, entrepreneurs, start-ups, businesses who promote their services on SM, directories, blogs, Paid Search, SEO services,
2. SM Users, people concerns over data privacy, teens (the type that spend hours on face and then hours watching music video), charities, groups, people who use their celebrity generate revenue for a charity or themselves.
3. Independent Music Sector, including singers, writers, aspirations musicians, DJ’s etc.
About MWZ Overview
The MWZ platform is a merger of three very different and lucrative industries, ingeniously rolled into one. It works by intuitively marrying the many complex and interconnected services in these sectors (i.e. media, tools, profit motive) in order to create a prosperous and self-sustaining ecosystem that tackles the problems that our target audience face, for example:
· a staggering music industry and a the lack of opportunities for musicians and SMEs in this sector
· the rapid growth in inbound marketing spend by SMEs, most of whom are ill-equipped to take full advantage of this recourse because they either lack the knowledge, time and or a clear strategy, and limited budget, even though they know that social media marketing is probably the best and the most cost-effective way for them to generate leads, and to expand into other markets and new segments. And, barriers to success in the Paid Search and SEO markets
· data privacy concerns and unsolicited Ads on SM.
More than just an idea, MWZ is ready for build. MWZ is not a carbon copy of what currently exists. It has its own unique USPs designed to make it extremely competitive, clearly differentiated from any incumbents to generate identifiable revenue streams that can be scaled. It does not rely on the Ad revenue model to generate revenue for the business. The business also has the ability to generate significant revenue upon launch, expand into new markets and more.
To get a better understanding of what MWZ is about, think of it not as a Social Network, nor a music portal – and you’re only partially there.